Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jump for joy, another semester complete!


So even though I have had some classes/days drag on slowly, and I thought they would never end, the semester is already coming to an end! I'm not quite sure where time has gone because it seems like I was just walking into my first week of classes yesterday.
This past semester has taught me a lot as I endured various things or met some influential people. My classes have been challenging, but rewarding nonetheless. One of my favorites was my religion class, where we studied the Doctrine and Covenants. One point that seemed to be emphasized throughout the class was the fact that Joseph Smith was learning as he was teaching. I found this very interesting and applicable to me as I am trying to absorb as much information as possible while I am studying here in college. In every class we are taught to question the text and information, form our own hypotheses, or try to gain deeper meaning out of it. I realize now that Joseph Smith had some of the same quests. If he had a question about something he was translating, he would ask, and try to gain a deeper meaning and understanding of it. It is through this that we have been able to receive the fulness of the gospel. Not only are we told through our scriptures and prophet today what principles and things should be done, but also HOW to do them. I think this is part of what makes the Book of Mormon so incredible. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the opportunity I have had pray and to ask my own questions about it and receive my own answers. I am blessed to have this truth in my life.

3 comments:

HalnJess said...

Thank you for not using the picture where you can see through my skirt...haha! Good post. I'm still serious about wanting your notes from D&C, though. Good luck the next two weeks!!

Katie said...

for sure!! I'll get on that for you!! I'll have to photocopy my notes too for ya, SUCH a great professor.. i got into his class for 2nd half of D&C (I switched from NT in case I go to Jerusalem)

Drew said...

Hey long time no see...You have the same blog layout that I do. That is neat.