Friday, October 31, 2008

Come what may, and Love it

So this month we had a chance to listen to General Conference for my church. We have this twice a year and it is always an amazing experience. The speakers were all so great and I am always amazed by their ability to pick such relevant topics to my life. One of my favorites was Elder Wirthlin's "Come what may and Love it". That quote has really stuck with me ever since.
So much stuff always goes wrong and so many different things can come up, but you just got play with the cards that you have been dealt w/...not only must we play with the cards though, but we have to make the most of them. Our attitude can change every situation.
He also talked about how everyday has its peaks and its shadows. This made me reflect back on a talk I had heard early this year about how everybody has spent time in their own liberty jail, but how when we are there we should know we are in good company. If you reflect back to the early saints of the church, specifically Joseph Smith, you can see how much they really had to endure. It is incredible. Some of his children even died as a result of the persecution. It really just makes me appreciate them and also shows that I pretty much should never complain about anything in my life. But it is comforting to know that when I find myself in the shadows of the day, or in my own liberty jail...I'm in good company....so then all I need to do is "come what may and love it"

No comments: