Monday, May 25, 2009

Egypt day 2:

Day 2 wasn't as exciting... but we made it to CAIRO!!!
We spent a long time on the bus, but didn't make many stops this time. We made it across the border into Egypt in record time they say.... only a little over an hour and a half. (I thought it was pretty torturous haha)
We finally made i
t to our destination in Cairo!! We stayed at a nice hotel and were able to go and see the Sound and Light show at the pyramids. It was AWESOME!! They would shine different color lights all over the pyramid as they told the story of how they were made and they would show pictures of the pharaohs etc. So awesome! I could not believe that 
I was really there, sitting in front of the pyramids!! It was gorgeous!! Especially as the sun set behind them and they were a silhouetted! Oh man!! SO AWESOME!!! 

Oh yeah... and my favorite line that we heard constantly, but that is amazing to think about is.....
"and to think that the pyramids were already 800 years old when Abraham touched them!!" 
Now chew on that one for a bit!! lol :)

1 comment:

Kellie Rachelle said...

I'm so jealous you were just in Egypt! I'm buying a real, good, photography camera from my brother-in-law so I'll get to take more professional looking pictures while I'm over there, I even have a wide angle lens I can put on it. It's a panasonic lumix fz8 so it's still fairly small and really light. Anyway I'm excited to use it on the pyramids and stuff! I found out almost 3 weeks ago that I get to go fall semester! I'm excited out of my mind!!! I would love to get your advice! Combined with what Sadie will hopefully send me soon, I'll be the most prepared person ever! And Emily Anderson got in as well so I'll make sure to share all of it with her. My email address is kellierachelle@gmail.com
Thanks Katie!