Friday, May 15, 2009

Jericho



Field Trip #2:On Monday we all boarded the bus and headed to Jericho! Our first stop was the ruins from Herod's winter
 palace which was pretty cool!! Next was the Mount/Monastery of Temptation. this was awesome!! You can see in the picture, it is randomly hanging off of part of the

 cliffside!! I have no idea who picked the place or how they managed to build it, but it's remarkable. 

So we had to hike up there, and boy was it hot!! Once we got to the top the girls needed a head
 covering... and guess who left hers sitting right next to the door.. yeah ME!!! So... Marie let me borrow her sweatshirt and I wrapped that on my head. lol looked HILARIOUS, but it worked, so no biggy :) The monastery was amazing- so gorgeous!! As you walk down the "hallway" there is a cliffside jetting out on once side. Unbelievable. (PS this is the place where tradition believed Satan approached Christ, who had been fasting for 40 days, and tried to tempt him).

next stop, an archeological dis site where the wall of Jericho was. It was cool to see where the wall had fallen! So crazy to see how real all of these stories are becoming! 


Final destination--an overlook of the Judean plains. This was crazy!! Complete desert looking for as far as you can see!! Basically like in the movies. I would hate to have had to journey
 through there!! It would be brutal!! 


5 comments:

HalnJess said...

hehe---i like the blue sweatshirt/head piece. You crack me up. The pics are awesome

Michelle said...

Your clothes are to die for. LOL. I am glad we have documentation of such - it will be good collateral someday... for what - hum -im unsure of....

I saw a camel bite a person on the butt who was riding another camel.. on funniest home videos ... so im officially not jealous of your trip anymore. LOL... jk - sort of.

anyways - keep setting the fashion trend Pippy!!

Kellie Rachelle said...

Jericho's neato! Thought I would tell you happy birthday on here since you'll read this before you can read facebook. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ISRAEL!!! It's 9 pm in Israel right now so, I hope you already had a wonderful, unforgettable birthday!

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Katie said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!! And I know my clothes are hidious... but i've learned to accept that.. all is fair in the middle east! haha

Luckily my camel didn't bite my butt, but it was an interesting experience! :)