Saturday, May 9, 2009

Field Trip #1

Last Monday we had our first field trip which was way cool. We went to Nebi Samwil (a memorial for the prophet Samuel.... basically a grave without the body). All of the places we visited this day were look-out points basically, and it was our rotten luck that it was SUPPPEERRRRR windy all day. So between some girls flying skirts (thank goodness I still love my pants too much to wear skirts), blowing hair, trying not to be blown off the top, and all the dust blown up everywhere, our viewing capabilities were quite limited!! Unfortunately it also made it hard to hear, even with our headphones. Anyways though, from this view point I saw Jerusalem in one distance, and Benjamin Plateau on the other side.. and learned that 70% of the Old Testament happened between the 2 places! How cool is that!
 
Telling you about each place individually would basically be a novel, so I'll just tell you that we went to Augusta Victoria Tower (and the giant bells started ringing while we were up there. OUCH! Man those things are loud! Never ran down so many stairs so quickly!), the Seven Arches Overlook (you can see the whole city from there), Deir Elyas, Haas Promenade, and the St. Peter in Gallicantu Overlook. 

I wish I had more time to explain each of these, but unfortunately I have to run. I'll try post pictures next time (if this SLOW internet lets me). The rest of my week has been way more interesting anyways so I'll definitely need to post soon about each of those events... until next time! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Kellie Rachelle said...

Katie as excited as I was before reading your posts... I'm UNCONTROLlABLY excited now!!! I just checked my mail this morning and I got my acceptance letter for Jerusalem!!! AHHHH!!!!! I can't even handle it! So I'll be hanging on to every word you write from now on! :) Keep having fun!!

Unknown said...

Katie Cooper!! I miss you like crazy but I'm soo excited for you because it sounds like your experiencing a great opportunity. I can't wait for you to come home and tell me all about it! I hope all is well! Good Luck! <3 Alana