Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 4: Valley of the kings, camel safari...

Valley of the Kings (where all of the tombs of the pharaohs were)

Queen Hatchepsut (her temple)

Colossus of Memnon

Camel Safari

Falucca Ride (like a sailboat) Down the Nile

Shopping J


^ Our security guard when our falucca got "pulled over"... don't worry mom, we're safe!! :)
CAMEL SAFARI!!!!
"William Shakespeare" (my camel) just wanted to eat. period. haha!

me and good ol' william.
Andy and I... don't touch the nile!
Our Falucca ride down the nile!
The "Bob Marley" Falucca 
Colossus of Memnon-don't worry its a joke.
Heiroglyphics in Hatshepsut's temple


5 comments:

Coopers said...

I'm a little jealous about the camel safari! I don't know if I would have wanted "William." Looks like fun.

Sadie said...

AHH! Queen Hatchepsut's temple was open when we were there, but the JC people didn't know because it was closed before. They didn't schedule it in and I was sooo sad. I'm a nerd and learned about it in a class, so I really wanted to go. A reason to go back someday!

Unknown said...

your clothes match the camels saddle... did you two plan that?

Katie said...

haha yeah william was definitely an interesting one. So was Muhammad my camel boy. lol and sadie, sorry to hear the temple wasn't open for you guys! Half of it had been reconstructed the other was original.

and michelle... me and william planned it that day!! lol no, just happened to wear another one of my hidious outfits! lol I know your jealous!

Unknown said...

I didn't know President Andy Proctor was in Jerusalem w/ you.