Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 8: Mt. Sinai

Well, the morning kicked off with a wake-up call at  2 am (after going to getting to the hotel and starting dinner at 10:30 pm). The early rise made it worth it once we hiked to the top of mt. sinai and were able to sit and watch the sunrise up there. It was BEAUTIFUL!!  SUCH an amazing view! Believe it or not, it was actually really cold at the top though, so we all had to huddle for warmth! We were able to split up into our religion classes and hold a testimony meeting at the top, which was a really neat experience. Unfortunately, this was the roughest day for me as far as my health goes, so I may not have had the same experience as everyone else, but nonetheless I'm glad I did it. I was even able to make it down alive!! (even after our group took a little detour on accident, taking a different route down.  It was basically down the Cliffside. Of course that would happen to me while I'm sick and just trying to get to the bottom so I could curl up. haha  Luckily we still found the buses after our little adventure and I was in one piece). Afterwards we stopped by the red sea before making our way to the border (Which took FOREVER!) and had dinner at the kibbutz we had stopped at our first day. All in all, it was another GREAT DAY!! =)

Sweet pic- compliments of Jenna. it goes Karen, me, Rachel & Jenna. Top of Sinai.
ELISE...my fellow redhead roommate!! WOOH!!! +red sea.
The red sea!!!!
Gorgeous sun rise on top of Sinai
So pretty...
Conquered. period. lol
It was FREEZING!!!!!
Sunrise...sunset...sunrise...sunset (the song)
Let's be honest, I look like a bear! GRR!


Body heat! Body heat!! It was SOOOO COLD!!! Also... it's like 4 or 5 am.. we started with a wakeup call at 2 am, on the bus at 2:15 am... that explains the pure beauty you see-hah!!

1 comment:

Michelle rocks my socks like tube socks! said...

Your not a bear... your katie cooper with a teddy bear of a heart... LOL