Saturday, June 6, 2009

day 7: my birthday :)

I don't have enough time to really write about it, but pictures are always fun nonetheless.
My birthday was great and everyone on the trip was super kind to remember and continuously wish me a happy birthday. the night before a bunch of us that had birthdays got sung too and were able to blow out candles on a cake. When we arrived at our hotel in Sinai and ate dinner they did another "birthday announcement" for me, and then all of the egyptian workers came and made me stand up so they could dance circles around me and sing in another language. haha it was great!! I can't believe I was lucky enough to turn 20 in EGYPT!! WHAT A BIRTHDAY TO REMEMBER!! THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO MADE IT A SPECIAL DAY! From near and far!
3rd stop made by the children of israel: Exodus 17:1  this is the hill that the two men had to go to the top and fought, and moses had to hold his hands up (others helped him hold them up longer) to determine who would win the battle. Again, I need to look up the details.
First stop talked about in Exodus made by the Children of Israel... The second stop can be found in Exodus 15:27 I believe. For the second stop, in the scriptures say exactly how many trees (3 score and something trees) it was so true!…. It really was NO VEGITATION, until that little place filled with trees, it was just that tiny patch. Unbelievable to recognize the hand of the Lord. I don't see any other way that a little patch of vegetation could have persisted randomly among the rest of the dry, sandy plains.
mosque of muhammad ali
mosque of muhammad ali
Raven and I...& some sweet doors =)
Sydney, Kristen, Rachel, and I
Alex, Heather, and I. Say Cheese!! (while we listen to the professor on the headsets! haha)

1 comment:

Mesh Mesh KAPISH said...

So what your saying is - you got an egyption version of a lap dance for your birthday? i was hoping someone would since i couldnt...

Happy birthday pippy