Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yad Vashem

Our Judaism teacher took us on a field trip to Yad Vashem, which is a Holocaust Museum/Memorial. It was very interesting to go with him and to hear him speak of those tragic events. I was glad that no cameras were allowed in, so nobody was worrying about any of that and we were able to concentrate more on why we were there and the significance of it. It was EXTREMELY crowded that day (an unusual amount) so that kept it pretty interesting. This was a very powerful place and the museum was very well done. I wish we could have had some more time. We also had a tour guide for this museum who gave us some great insights, on top of the personal application that my Hebrew teacher gave as she talked about all of her relatives that were killed in the holocaust. I don't know how to verbalize this experience because words simply cannot do it justice.  

I also found it sad that on the same day that I was in the holocaust museum in Jerusalem, there was a shooting at the Holocaust museum in DC. It's horrifying to think that some people in this world still have such prejudices and terrible beliefs.

No comments: